November is here, and many of us are preparing for the holiday season in our new normal. We are grateful for all the good we have and want to encourage others to stay positive during these difficult times. We are especially thankful for our wonderful clients who put their faith in us for all their buying and selling needs, and we know that our success is because of you!
If you are thinking of selling your Santa Barbara property during the holidays, there are several crucial steps to follow in order to achieve a great result. Sophisticated buyers are educated and they know what they want, so their search for the perfect property is very targeted. Our Santa Barbara real estate team is here to lend our expertise so that you can present your property to home buyers in the best way possible.
Here are our top tips that we give to all our clients looking to sell their property:
- Thoroughly assess the condition of your home and property as if you were the buyer, and be realistic about possible improvements needed before selling.
- Be open to feedback. As real estate professionals, we want to see you sell as quickly as possible and for the highest price. In order to do so, you need to be ready for constructive critiques regarding your property.
- Clean, organize, and declutter. It’s ok to deck the halls, but don’t go overboard!
- Seriously consider hiring a stager to help you get the highest price for your home.
- Consider having inspections done prior to listing so that you can take care of any necessary repairs ahead of time and avoid difficult negotiations during the escrow.
- Use our knowledge on the local market trends to price your property correctly.
- If you need some help with upfront improvement costs, Village Properties has a solution – VP Assist. Contact us for more information.
- If you have any legal questions about the sale of your home, we can help get them answered ahead of time through our Village Legal Services offered at no cost to you. *see below
- Most of all, have fun and enjoy the process!
If you have any questions about selling your Santa Barbara home, Knight Real Estate Group is here to help!
*Real Estate Risk Management, Inc. operates the Risk Management Buyer and Seller Protection program. Participation in the program is subject to Real Estate Risk Management, Inc.’s terms and conditions. All legal services are performed by and the responsibility of Real Estate Risk Management, Inc.